OMGsim software objective is to provide an easy to use simulation of the optical modules containing PMTs, in particular, muli-PMT optical modules of KM3NeT. An important attention as been given to the simulation of the photocathode, using a dedicated thin layer and complex refraction index to determine photon absorption, reflection and transmission. Photoelectron emission is simulated using Spicer’s three-step model.
This simulation will allow you to:
- Easily reproduce precise geometry of the detector inside the simulation (human-readable config files).
- Easily determine a precise geometry of the phototubes and optical modules (human-readable config files).
- Easily determine the different materials and properties of the detector and phototubes (Human-readable config files with CSV tables).
- Test any experiment you would like to reproduce:
- Laboratory angular acceptance scans,
- Optical background studies from the optical module glass,
- 40K decay in water...
Christophe Hugon - CPPM (CNRS) / Vladimir Kulikovskiy - INFN Genova
Source code and documentation